So some people think this is not a real holiday and it is for the suckers of this world. It infuriates some people in fact! I say okay I know this holiday can be very commercialized and your love shouldn’t be only celebrated to this extent on this one day.
But why not let it be a day that you have an excuse to do something a little extra special, extra cheesy and sometimes over the top for the ones you love.
Whether you’re celebrating with your honey, with girlfriends or even by yourself, there is always room in your heart to let some love in!
Here’s a few ways that I thought would come in handy in case those of you who are skeptics of this day, change your mind and want to make the best of it! Or for those of you who are looking for a less expensive way to have a good time on this heart-filled day whether you’re with someone or a single gal.
- Fondue dinner at home-that’s what we are going to try tonight, it should be interesting to say the least! (Just have to go buy one, they are everywhere) I am sure this would be so much fun to do with a group of girlfriends. Any excuse to dip bread in cheese or fruit in chocolate seems like a win-win to me.
- A sunset picnic on the beach-imagine gorgeous weather, blankets, a bottle or two of vino, a view and a great conversation. With girlfriends, bring a bunch of magazines and just hang, bring three bottles and you’re all set! By yourself? Bring a book-fifty shades maybe and breathe in the air, listen to the waves and just relax. You deserve it.
- Board game night-always bound to create belly laughs, makes you feel like you’re younger again, and usually is enhanced with cocktails and yummy snacks. If you’re with a honey, play truth or dare too (both hilarious and a little sexy at the same time) Make up your own set of rules. If you’re with friends, all of the above is all good too.
- Popcorn and Movies-Make him watch all of your favorites, you know the romantic comedies that he never wants to watch! Now is the time to break them out. Stay up late and snuggle. Or have a slumber party with your gals and do the same thing. I actually really miss sleepovers with my friends, don’t you?
- Go ice-skating-there has to be laughs all around with this one no matter who the company is. I for one know that this would make me get close with Jonathan real quickly, because I’d be falling into is arms the whole night! Literally. Don’t drink and skate. Or do but wear a helmet!
Hugs and Kisses,
A look at our day so far…first we tried to do a photo-shoot while daddy was at work! Very. Very. Difficult.
Getting the hang of this…
And here we go! Staring into your soul!
While he napped… I played a bit.
Then gramma comes over and brings ten baloons and a hundred kisses…
and gave mommy and daddy a treat too.
Tried to make Lita this…(Em’s other grandma)…a failed mission.
After recovering from that tantrum, I got a little creative, and some might think corny…
daddy came home-thank goodness- with this sweetness or should I say spicy?
and the rest is yet to come! Need a starbucks ASAP, to go get the fondue pot from Bed, Bath and Beyond with a coupon. And get this party started after baby E hits the sack!